When you start having transmission problems, quick transmission repair or service is important. By detecting problems early, you can stop damage and wear from spreading. This saves your vehicle and your wallet from serious pain. To help Fayetteville drivers detect transmission issues, the team at Mr. Transmission® Milex® Fayetteville has put together the following list of transmission repair warning signs.
7 Signs You May Need a Transmission Repair
Here are seven transmission repair warning signs Fayetteville drivers should watch out for:
- Fluid Leaks. Your transmission’s fluid plays an important role in keeping your transmission properly lubricated and cooled. So if you notice puddles of fluid building up in your garage or your driveway, it likely means your transmission is under more strain than it should be.
- Dirty Fluid. Many drivers prefer to have their transmission fluid checked by professionals. But if you have a DIY streak, a monthly check of your transmission fluid can help you detect dirty or cloudy fluid. If dirty fluid has been in your transmission for too long, it may mean serious wear or damage.
- Burning Smell. When you smell burning rubber on the highway, it might not be squealing tires you’re detecting. A burning smell often means overheated transmission fluid, a sure sign that your transmission requires servicing or repair.
- Problem Gear Shifts. Problems when shifting gears are one of the most common signs of major transmission damage. In automatic vehicles, you may find a delay when shifting into Drive or Park. In manual vehicles, you might find your vehicle won’t shift into certain gears, or is slow to do so.
- Slipping Gears. For manual drivers, gear slippage can be a sign that your transmission is in big trouble. When this happens, your engine and gear stick will shift out of gear into neutral while driving. This can be a major safety hazard, so it’s important to have your transmission repaired ASAP.
- Unusual Noises. Automatic and manual transmission produce different problem sounds when experiencing transmission problems. An automatic transmission will make a whirring, whining, or humming noise while shifting gears. A manual transmission will sound more mechanical or clunky.
- Check Engine Light. When your Check Engine light comes on, it can be a sign of transmission problems. The team at Mr. Transmission Milex Fayetteville can provide a free computer diagnostic check to see if a transmission repair is needed, or if there is another problem that triggered your warning.
Fayetteville’s Transmission Repair Experts
Have you noticed one or more of the above signs in your car? Then it’s time to bring your vehicle to the transmission repair experts at Mr. Transmission Milex Fayetteville. We will provide a free Performance Check for your car’s transmission and give you a detailed estimate for any work that needs to be performed.
Call today to schedule a FREE Performance Check with Fayetteville’s transmission repair experts.